Let’s talk about mental health, you can tell the state of my
health by what does not get done in a week cleaning. I am not talking about
dishes or picking up, NOPE the big stuff mopping, Vacuuming and Bathrooms.
April my brain decided that yes, I could get more than just a load of laundry
done in a day. This is a super fun time in my life. I have book club and
volleyball.
Something parents forget is how much their teens need you.
No matter how independent a teen looks or acts just know they feel when you are
not present.
Here is a huge shout out to my husband. He helped me fix my
dishwasher. That is the core of our relationship, I take things apart or have a
grand vision, he puts them back together or scales it down to a manageable
level.
Temple Time. I love and look forward to going to the temple,
it is so relaxing to me. I also know that I will get the time back 10 fold. Maybe
not in the ways I think I need it but in the ways that matter most for my life.
I also get very direct answers in the temple. I have really been questioning about
getting a job, my first concern is my kids. See note above, answer. When I
doubt what I want to do, the lord will show me how much I LOVE doing nails.
Greg was able to take the boys to the temple; they had a great boys time.
We got all the dogs sold and waiting was best for everyone.
First Azalyn got a little more one on one time. The family that the last puppy
when to was perfect. Two boys to play with him.
Azalyn was sad when we sold them, but she understood her reward, (Legoland).
The worst part for her was the families renaming the pappies to “dumb names”
EASTER: We had two Easter things at the exact same time. The
city and the church. Greg took the boys so they could do their egg hunt. I
stayed home with Azalyn to sale a puppy. Then I dropped off Azalyn and picked
up the boys. She did the egg hunt with her dad. The boys and I helped with an
Easter thing at the church. They had 4 or 5 rooms set up with different parts
of the Passover week. Greg went through the rooms with Azalyn and said it was
really cool. I was so proud of my boys helping. Colvin was even super brave and
was a helper on his own. Easter at home was super cute. Azalyn was scared the
“Easter Bunny” was going to forget eggs. She stuffed 9 eggs for each kid. The
Easter Bunny did not forget the kids, the bunny hid eggs outside and left each
kid a basket. They also got their “puppy” reward. 3 Days at Legoland and 2 days
at Knox Berry farms, and Hurricane Harbor summer passes. (Knox and Hurricane
Harbor go hand in hand). Denali started researching best roller coaster at Knox
right away. We got a new Prophet, Dallin H. Oaks. Easter is the perfect time.
Here is my plug for FHE. My kids LOVE it, we have missed
very few times, because my kids beg for it. Quantity time is great and very
needed but there is something to be said about Quality time. Denali was
conducting and he made a PowerPoint of who was doing what. Great learning tool.
I must point out the difference between boys and girls. How
was school; Boy: GOOD, OK BAD it was school. Mom, can I tell you a joke...2 min
max 3 if the school happens to burn down. Hi.... (as they jump in the car) Girl:
Well mom, I must tell you what my teacher did... Then we went to recess and you are not going to
believe what happened. 10 min later when she might make it to what happen at lunch
recess were “all the drama happens.”
I was able to go to the movies with Azalyn, we went to Pout
Pout Fish. I remembered a jacket, so we got to snuggle the whole time. I ate
way too much popcorn.
I went to a smash brothers competition with the boys. I was
not mentally prepared for it. First, they only had one screen, and it was
double elimination and there were 36 teams. You can do the math. Blessings: I
had a blanket in the car, and my kindle. Downside no backup charger. Denali won
his first then lost 2. Colvin lost had a by then lost. I can now tell you who
is winning before they declare “Winner” I can tell you a bad or good move
(sometimes). I know way more about smash, I guess watching it for 8 hours will
do that to you. Denali setup a smash
brother game night for YM and everyone had fun.
I finally understand my mom. In high school she was always
worried about me and Friends. She would say don’t let them change you. Colvin
was in a group to do his “science Project” (more to come) but his friend came
over and Colvin totally changed. I had to keep reminding him I LOVE YOU! Ok,
Science Projects – Denali knew what he wanted to do right away, he wanted to
get it done ASAP, he did an earthquake simulation. He had it done before most
of his class even started working on it. Colvin did not have to do a science
project he had to come up with an invention.
He made a pully system that would hold a water bottle so in the middle
of the night his sister could get water without waking him up. It is still up
and working.
Are weather this year has been different. The last 2 years
once it gets hot it stays hot, not this year. It was super-hot during spring
brake then really cooled off. That is good because then the kids play outside.
Azalyn has loved jumping on the tramp, but it is hard on her little lungs. My
kids had a random Friday off and since the weather has been nice, we decided to
float the river again. It was cooler this time, then when we floated during spring
break. We saw turtles, horses, and huge fish.
After the river we realized we were only 15min from Greg’s work, we went
and decorated his car. We wrote love notes on sticky notes and then used 3
rolls of streamers. He loved it.
It is almost summer reading time, so I better put in a plug.
I went through all our junk piles and found tons of last years summer reading
coupons. We went to Culvers for dinner it was $70+ and we paid $2.43 once they
processed all our coupons.
We had to go to Hurricane Harbor, it is our home park, we
had to go before we go to Knox. It was like 95 degrees, and the kids were
“freezing” we did not stay long.
End of year celebration, we went to a dinner for Colvin’s
Cross country. They gave us all his bibs with his race times. What a great keepsake.
THINGS: we watched a dog and our dogs did great. I might
really look into doing dog sitting, something I can do on the side for $$. I
washed the patio and things just feel nice when they are clean. Colvin loves painting my nails and I love
them more just because I love seeing his smile.
Greg put on the ward BBQ. He did a great job, we had tons of
food so that makes it a success. Azalyn had invited her friend and his whole
family came, it is so hard to try to have people befriend others. My kids were
again great help. The boys informed us at the end of the night that we need to
stop helping, we need to learn to just say NO! Yep, sometimes I do parenting
right.
Mom TIP: Don’t yell or fight. Just tell the kids what you
expect them to do and the consequence if they don’t. Then STOP don’t react
after that. They can not fight a brick wall.
Weight loss: I started at 175+ now I am 144. I am going to
start maintenance at 130.
Azalyn got student of the month, I kept it a surprise. Greg
was able to make it. The light in her eyes and smile on her face tell the whole
story.








































































































No comments:
Post a Comment