Friday, July 31, 2026

July

We now continue with the Proctor family (minus Greg) still in Idaho. We are all gathered at Sierra’s. I am not 100% sure what my kids did because I let them run wild, While I talked to my sisters. Some highlights at Sierra’s. We went to a Roller Rink. I am just as slow on skates as I am on blades. We discover that yes Azalyn needs new blades. Wheels are not Denali’s cup of tea. Colvin was like a fish that discovered water. LOVE is not strong enough. Poor kid was born 20 years too late.
We have now made everyone into mermaids, our new thing is turning people into Vikings. It made the men look strong and fierce. It made the women look OLD and harden. My phone will not let me do Tic Tok filters, we are reliant on Sierra. 
We went to the park, Colvin and Azalyn wanted to see how fast people could push them on a spinner. After about 20min they did not feel good, wow, see my shock face.
Then it was time to reunite our family. It was so good to see Greg, we had all missed him. We went to dinner with his sisters. Family is so fun to see and catch up with.
Tana wanted to do something fun with my kids. We got a 3 day pass to Thanksgiving point. I have never been there, so it was fun. The first day, half of Utah county had the same idea. We went through their American setup with games and fun things. On the 2nd day we went through the other indoor museums. The favorite was the dinosaur hunt, or the butterfly museum. Azalyn really wanted a butterfly to land on her.
Just our family, had a night to ourselves. We went to La Casita, then we went to the cemetery. The kids really wanted to see grandma and grandpa Proctor.
On the 4th we kept the Proctor tradition, bowling. Then we went to our normal spot to watch fireworks. We might need to find a new spot, over the last 20 yrs the trees have grown too much. On the way home Greg yelled at a cop, she was doing a horrible job at directing traffic. We did not get to Tanas till after 1AM. The next morning, I had to wake my kids up at 10 to take a shower for church.
HOME TIME: If Greg is in the car I am not allowed to drive. Not that I am a bad driver, Greg is a horrible passenger. It was nice to be home.
During our whole trip the game we played the most was HEAT! When we got home Denali was able to get the expansion.
Time to get back to work. Ever since watching Toy Story 5 I wanted to move the toys to be more accessible. I moved them from under the stairs to the front room.
The boys really wanted to have crazy hair. I did Green for Colvin and RED for Denali.
Our next big project was clothing and cleaning out our closets. The kids are getting older, they each have their own since of style.  They each threw out a BAG of clothing.
We have had a really good schedule this summer. Up and take it slow. Then one hour cleaning, (99% of the time we get it done in the hour) then something fun. Hurricane Harbor is best on Wednesdays or Thursdays, way less people.  One Saturday we went to Hurricane Harbor then to the drive in. At the Drive in they had a blow up water slide. Colvin and Azalyn did that most of the time. I even had to go down, it felt so nice being wet watching the movie.
I finally took Azalyn’s braids out. It took about 30 minutes and a cup of coconut oil. She had the best afro. We let her hair rest for a few days then Timber came, and we put them back in.
I put up our old tramp, way bigger. However, I think the mat shrunk with the heat because we had to red neck some of the springs. Colvin and Azalyn wanted to “wash” it, soap and water is the epitome of summer.
Timber came down for 24hours to drop off Holden. We floated the river, it was LOW. The boys either swam or walked 90% of the time. We got to see the salt river wild horses.  Then we took the boys to Young Washington.  Holden was able to stay with us for a few days, so we did all the fun things. We went to a WMBA game, Azalyn was given a little basketball and played with that in the hall most of the time. We did an outside movie. We took him to Culvers because we had 7 kids meals. (thanks to the summer reading program). Talking about the library, Azalyn has turned into a little reader. She is also her mammas daughter. She loves to just go and brows all the books.
We got to spend 2 days at Timbers to drop Holden off. My kids were on the 4-wheelers 30min after we got to Timbers house. Denim flew in so we got a night with her. Azalyn had to show me how to make a fire. Then we played tag in the dark with 4-wheelers. I play for win, I told the Boys don’t follow me. I won! It was great to see my kids be able to breathe. If only she lived a little closer.  We could not find our movies, we listened to books on tapes both ways.
Sad but Happy. We went to the lake and one of our paddle boards busted. I have wanted 2 more boards so the perfect timing.
We finally got the 3D printer working. It took about 5 different parts from Bamboo Labs. Just and FYI glow in the dark filament sucks. It gets stuck a lot. When we hear the beep, we yell Fiddle Faddle, it was better than what I wanted to yell.
We are trying to suck every ounce of summer. We played a family Air Hockey match. Colvin kicked butt. We have not played for a while.  One day the forecast said it was going to be cooler (low 100) I had the bright idea to bike to lunch. We made it red faced but alive. Home was hardest because we were stuffed. We made it my kids said mom no more bright ideas.
BLESSING: Sometimes you don’t see blessings for what they are until it is done. With my produce box we have been canning a lot. We made salsa. When the pressure bath was done the stove would not shut off. I had to go flip the braker, I also shut off the gas just in case. When all was fixed my stove no longer clicks when lit.
We were finally able to have the missionaries over for dinner. Greg has not worked from home ALL summer because of vacations.
We are not ready for school but change is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment