Tuesday, March 31, 2026

March

Church: We had stake conference. The talk I remembered the most was don’t use AI for your talk. The speaker should learn the most. Saying that, Greg had to give a talk at church. He talked about how the lord knows us. He asked each kid to give him an example. Here is his talk: Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ know what we individually need, and when and how to provide it as was shown in the story from Elder Casillas. As I was preparing for this talk, I had the impression of making sure the youth and even primary schools could get something from it. I recalled apart from the movie Inside-out. In the show the emotions inside of Riley were attempting to make everything joyous, and it wasn’t until the end that it was discovered that all the emotions were necessary to provide strength and support to Riley. One part showed Riley’s friends gathered around her with hands and arms wrapped around her in a moment of sadness when she missed the winning goal for her hockey team. The image I saw in this particular scene was Jesus Christ wrapping his arms around the kids and boding them all up and linking the need of joy and love with sadness and connection. Christ is there when you least expect him, and he often times sends others to share his love providing you with what is needed at that moment.
With this in mind I thought back in on my own life and that of my wife and kids looking for stories where Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ showed their love to us. First, for those who do not know Syringa, it has a very difficult time letting our children go and do things without one of us, myself or Syringa, with them. Denali has reached the age to go on youth camps, and while Syringa knew she should be encouraging Denali to go, she really did not want to. Additionally, Denali was not sure he wanted to go to a camp for 3 days and be without his family. Heavenly Father knew and understood what was needed, that Denali needed to be there for his own personal spiritual development while not negatively impacting this experience for him or Syringa. So, what does he do? We were extended an assignment to be at the camp supporting the youth.
Another story, the other evening we went to a spring training game at the Surprise Stadium. Denali had gone back to our car to get his phone. It had been a while, when Syringa asked if we had heard anything from Denali. I shook my head, and she stated she was going to call him and see where he was. Little did we know that Denali had been struggling to find his phone, worried it had fallen out and now possibly lost, and had only moments before Syringa’s call said a prayer asking for help. Syringa’s call helped Denali to find his phone in an obscure location in the car.
Third story, Colvin, Denali, and Syringa went to the temple planning on doing baptisms for the dead. As they approached the temple Syringa recalled that she had left his temple recommendation in her temple bag. Syringa let the boys know that they could still do baptisms and she would seek to get support from the temple presidency to gain emittance to the temple and if she couldn’t wait for them. As the boys were waiting for their turn to do baptisms Syringa came in. Colvin expressed that he had been praying that she would be allowed in.
Azalyn shared a time when she, her bothers and mom had gone to Hurricane Harbor. Syringa had forgot something in the car and asked if the kids were good to stay in the lazy river or if they wanted to come with her. They choose to stay. After what felt like a long time the kids started to get nervous feeling that something might have happened to mom and started to wander around the water park. After wandering for a while, the kids were impressed that they should go back to the lazy river. A short time later Syringa returned to them and the reunion was great as the nervousness of the kids were released when seeing their mother.
Last, a story from my mission that has and will continue to provide me with support in my testimony and connection of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love not only for myself but those I was serving. One day me and my companion had been tracking for multiple hours in a large apartment complex, those that we spoke with spoke Russian, Sudanese, and multiple other languages. Needless to say, I could not understand why we had been inspired to track this particular area. On our way back to where we had parked the car, I was fuming with myself about the wasted 3 hours of time and was not in a mood to speak with anyone else. There was a small 4 plex that we were walking by, and my companion attempted to stop me as there was a person getting out of their car. I told him know that we were going to our car and going somewhere else. In approximately 5 more steps I stopped and turned around, my companion confused by my sudden change of heart. I did not know at this time why the spirt had softened my heart and encouraged me to go and speak to this woman. The woman, Marcia, was carrying a bird in a cage, and after introducing ourselves she expressed no interest, so I asked about her bird learned a little bit about him. After which I presented her with a book of Mormon vs the normal pass along card. At this gesture Marcia invited us into her home. Later we learned she had seen the church’s media ads for the book of Mormon and had wanted one but suffered from terrible anxiety and did not know who would be delivering the book to her. This led to the complete discussion and Marcia getting baptized and joining the church.
These are just a small amount of the times where our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have shown love to us. I testify as you reflect on your own lives you will see the love of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, and as we listen to the spirit, we can provide that love to others in our family, neighbors, friends, members of the ward.  I know these experiences will provide you with the boding strength needed to make it through the challenges we will experience. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
During Sunday school we talked about birthrights, they asked me if I had a thought. It took a min. but here is my thought: A birthright is not about money it is about keeping the family together. Greg is the youngest but if his family needs something they go to him. He holds his family's birthright.  My kids love having FHE. We did a lesson about marriage. Looks don’t really matter to Denali; he wants someone fun he wants a friend. Colvin you could draw his wife. Azalyn was a great mix of both. There was one FHE that Denali helped Azalyn do the lesson, it was super sweet.   I was able to go to the temple with some Relief Society Sisters. Note to self; have some ice braker questions.
Life: Greg had another back injection. It just takes time to start working.  I had signed Azalyn up for Par Cor, we only made it to half of them because of spring break. The first time she was sad she had to go and she was sad she had to leave. Greg and I did a first for date night. We went to the comedian Lucy Darlin. We made the kids put themselves to bed and to sleep. We got home really late. They were all asleep. It was great fun. Greg took the day off and we were able to go to the temple. We have been trying to go more as a couple. I was trying to cut Greg's hair and none of my clippers were working. I went and got my new dog clippers. Worked Great!
This year my goal was to use all of our spring training tickets. I am happy to report we used all but 5. I actually got the kids out of school for one game. People come from all over the country; we can miss school. Greg was able to meet us at a few night games. We learned we could bring food and the kids think that it is really fun. Any time I don’t have to cook is a win. Talking about food, I love Rotisserie Chicken, I think that Sams actually has better chicken. One of the few wins they have.
I have been trying to serve more and be creative. I made Jen a wreath and I even used the 3D printer to print an M. I also made one for her mom.  I have not finished because the printer needs new parts. Let's talk about the 3D printer. When it works it is really fun BUT, it is very temperamental. Good thing you can buy any part online.
The boys went on their first camping trip on their own. Colvin was the one that begged them to go. They had to practice setting up and taking down the tent. I did not cry in front of them. That night I had a movie night for book club. We watched Seeking Persephone. Such a great movie. Azalyn went on a date with her dad. They went to McDonalds and Greg was sick all night because of it. I took my activity day girls to the play Little Mermaid.
I have been working on my blog a lot, I found family movies of when the kids were little. One Sunday, I turned them on and we watched for a few hours. It makes me so happy and so sad at the same time.
Go me moment: I did a 5 min ab work out and did not stop. I think it was the first time ever. I could not laugh for 2 days but I made progress. I also finally hung-up new pictures for 2025, I love the new smiles. We did not move frames, we just added new pictures, so it went much faster. NOTE to self, run for your mental health no matter how much you hate it.
The school had a fund raiser at Texas Roadhouse. We got face paint and good food.  Greg took the boys to a gaming Expo. Denali was able to take part in a Smash Brothers contest. He was on the big screen against a professional gamer for his first round. He learned a lot. I was so proud of him. Azalyn and I had a girl's day, she wanted to go shopping. I gave her $20; she went to 5 below and the dollar store. She loves tons of little stuff.
Puppy Update: We almost lost one it got stuck under the couch and then we put up the legs, and it got super wedged in. I was able to wedge my fingers between the couch and the dog.  Then get coconut oil on the dog to pull it out. It was touch and go for a min.
For Spring Break, we stayed home, busy and had fun. We did some cleaning and I learned that Azalyn is very good at cleaning if she has her own job. She cleaned the playroom. We were finally able to find friends to float the salt river with us. It took us a little longer than expected but so fun. The water was cooler but not cold. Helped it was 100 Degrees. The beginning was a little ruff. There were rapids to start, Azalyn and I were the only ones that did not flip. It was hot, the kids played in the pool. I was able to do my favorite thing, float around and read my book. I got a little red and had a huge smile. I have been teaching myself to listen to books faster, I can usually listen to them on 2.75 speed, I can finish a book a week. We went to the drive in, Hopper. Colvin gets fully invested in movies. This is the best time of year, not scorching hot but not cold, JUST right. On the last day of spring break, I had to go to Tempa for the school fun raiser. I took the kids to a place called Slick City. It was a big slide park. We went for 2 hours and that was enough time since there were us and maybe 10 other people. We all had a great time. On the first day back to school on our way out the door Denali said, “mom, do you realize yesterday you were not even up by this time” Yes, I did and was not happy about it. I love getting to spend time with my kids.
Talking about the school, we had our last big fund raiser of the year. The mother and Son dance. My whole family had to help with set up. Then the boys got to stay and help. I was in charge of dirty sodas. I was so scared there were lot of prayers, but they went GREAT! We all need a win once in a while. For the Soda bar I also got my food handlers permit.
We went to the Mesa Easter Pageant. It is the same every year, but I get something new out of it every year. This year my take was this: life is going to be hard, but we all need wins to look back on. Even Jesus got a win, coming into Jerusalem right before the crucifixion. We actually died eggs this year. Colvin was the only family member that stayed with me. The rest of the family was done after about 20min.  Mom the Toilet is smoking, I’ve got to run!




No comments:

Post a Comment