Sunday, February 28, 2021

FEBRUARY

The kids have been "reading" my blog books I love the memories that we get to relive. That is the purpose behind creating my books.
LET’S start; February our lives really took off. My main thought: if you think you can, you will.
We began February at the end of our recovering with kids still home. Just as we got into the grove of home school it was time to change it up and got back to school.  It was good to get back to "normal”, but I was sad to see my kids leave. Nickel Manna was our celebration for being out of quarantine.
Colvin introduced Azalyn to the power of painting. There is a whole 10 min of quite time followed by 10 min of clean up. Mom life; take what you can.
Happy news: I was able to finish, print, order, and receive my blog book before my birthday. There were some tears and blessing. I had to redo a few posts. I was super inspired with my header. The lord will help if you ask no matter how small.
Azalyn’s new thing is "flipping" she can do a cartwheel on her own. I cannot wait to put her in gymnastics. Azalyn has discovered how to call people on the phone. Lucky she only calls people with pictures (family).  Daddy’s her favorite followed by Timber and McCarty. She even talked to Grandpa once. Azalyn loves animals sounds. She had a book in her bed, during nap time was flipping through the pages pointing to all the animals. I had to take away her book.
You know I was going to put something in about Zoom church. Half the time we are late getting on zoom because of technical difficulty.  Azalyn threw up one Sunday right before church, she attended church in the sink. The lord just asks us to try.
The boys got to go to the Dentist. For them it is like seeing Santa. This is a remind in case one day they tell me they hate the dentist.
Timber got Denim a Car for her sweet 16. I drove Timbers Van to her house. LOVE it dream vehicle BUT not until ALL kids can buckle themselves. (Denim did not get her car till later in the afternoon on her birthday-lucky no one gave it away)
I went to Timbers for a few reasons. One I took the boys sledding at Bryon Head. I wanted to take them at lease once this year. Side note: a week after Timbers it snowed here, and we went sledding twice. (Azalyn was not a fan of sledding – she hates gloves, so her hands are freezing and skipped nap that day). Blessing note: why Azalyn was screaming I got to talk to Women, it was mentally rejuvenating.  We discovered that our tubes are not great. The Costco sleds are the best. I know that they are getting for Christmas next year.
Back to Timbers, the main reason we went was to watch Blazen play basketball. He was so excited to have us.
Timbers is always fun. Some Highlights- I put on big eye lashes, Ace tried so hard to be nice. (until I told him Greg hates them too) Timber put eye lash extension on me (note I am allergic to the glue) she let me try on her hair extension. The kids had a dance party (Azalyn danced till she dropped, she tried to climb into her own bed for nighttime). (Colvin now has his own dance parties). We made chocolate bombs and stayed up way too late. Greg stayed home and snuggled snuggles. 
VALENTINE: our neighbor does a valentine exchange. Greg had to set out our boxes. We did 23*3 valentines just for the hood. I did little toys in lieu of candy.  I was going to use the extra toys for Halloween. Nope we gave away every last toy. Mom sent the boys Troll 2 Valentines they were the favorite. I love my kids writing me valentines. Greg got me flowers. They came late but it worked out since they came when I got home. 
MIRACLES happen every day. One Saturday I got up with Azalyn gave her a bottle, changed her butt, and turned on a movie then went back to bed. Usually, it takes her about 10 min to come find me. NOPE Greg and I got to sleep in till 9.
Angle day: I am really sad to report I totally forgot Rhonda's angle day. A few days later we went to her grave, with my blog book, and we told the kids stories. I want to keep her alive in my kid’s memory.
The Church did a broad cast just for the primary. They called it Friend to Friend. It was AWESOME. When it started Greg looked at me and said really 45min. I told him we would just see how far we got. I totally did not think my kids would make it in one setting. NOT once did the boys ask how much longer. They drew pictures, told stories, sang song and so much more. Very inspired.
The boys love watching "science" experiments on YouTube. Usually, they are too elaborate for me. They watched one with Coke and Minto, I can do that. However, we poured out too much coke and did not get the lid on fast enough. It was a bust. The boys still thought it was cool, so go me.
NOTE for my moms, ZOOM Parent teacher conferences are the BEST! One great thing about COVID, this needs to become the norm.
I was feeling like a worthless mom. Greg helped me put up the kids bunk bed (they earned their bunk beds while we were sick. I did not make a big deal out of it knowing it was going to be awhile.)  Colvin had to sleep in his bed 3 days in a row. Denali had to be dry for 7 days in a row. When I get in those moods I need to server. That is why he helped with the bunk bed. He knows me so well. 
*My thoughts on current news (this will be in future history books); Jan 6th there were protesters in the capital building. There is nonstop News coverages on the protesters. The News has made it into a Boston massacre. However, Portland had 20+ days of riots (killings posted on social medal). The News will not touch it. I would not even know about it if McCarty did not live 30min from it. Both should be covered we should hear BOTH sides.  Just remember there is always 2 sides to a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment