We had to sprint to the
finish line of summer!
Colvin gave his first talk in primary. He did it on his own with me as support.
Denali and Azalyn are my best friends. To be a good friend you have to; play nicely, when I play with my little sister, I have to make sure that I don’t play to ruff. you have to say sorry if you do something wrong. In D and C 88:77 Jesus said …From henceforth I shall call you friend. We show Jesus that we are his friends by following his commandments. I am following his commandments by getting ready all by myself for church, listening to the scriptures at night and being an example to my little sister when we say prayers. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
We got to meet my cousin Amber at the park. It happened that it was just me and her. I really love one on one time. My kids tried to play with cousins.
All summer my kids have wanted to do tie dye. There was never going to be the "perfect time" one morning we just did it. The kids loved it. It went a lot faster than I had anticipated. Mom let us borrow her snow cone maker, the kids were so excited to sell snow cones. (They had about 10 customers) They would have sold more but cousins were too fun. We had moms snow cone maker for the week (we took it back for the funeral) my family went through 40 lbs. of ice in 5 days. Best way to stay hydrated. Sierra and I build a very red, red neck slide. We tied a slide (I bought from Sierra) to a 5-gallon water barrel. Then put that on top of 5 pallets. Worked but very unsafe. The kids were playing "orphan", I totally remember playing that game as a kid. As a family we finally beat, “Lovers in a dangerous space time" we have been playing for about 2 yrs.
Parenting stories: At the park Azalyn got lost. She was crying for mom. Her nursery teacher brought her to me. She said I knew I knew that cry. I took the kids to the splash pad but after I had to run into Costco. Since they were wet, I kept them in the car. Mom called and Denali said that I left them in the car to go shopping was that not a "responsible parent"
I took the kids to the dentist. Denali is missing a permanent tooth and have two teeth coming in WAY too high. Azalyn has a fused baby tooth. The hygienist thought it was really cool. Greg surprised the kids by taking a day off and taking them to splash summit. We really don't stay long; the kids want to do their favorite big slide swim a little and them home to swim in their pool. Of course, Lagoon; we discovered that Azalyn can go on the big bumper cars with an Adult. It was SO fun. The boys watched AZ why she napped, Greg and I got to go on a ride together. I love fast "date" time.
We got to see mom’s new carpet. Her house is going to look so good. The kids got to go play in Natalie’s Pond. I love that my kids are getting to make the same fun memories that I got to as a kid. (See funeral post for more). I bought a Halloween wreath but it was too cute to wait to put it up. I gave Baler his truck and he was so excited he could hardly talk. He gave everyone hugs.
We went to Greg’s mom’s grave. The kids just had a good time playing around. I want them to have good memories.
Greg's interviews are going really well. I will keep you posted.
We finally got to go back to the temple. It has been almost 2 yr. for us. The kids were home for about half the time alone. Sid was wonderful and came to put Az to bed. The feeling I got for the temple was; just breathe and enjoy your life right now. We went to the temple because Maddie was going through. We got to go to her farewell. She gave a great talk. A few things that hit home, "don't have towel racks in your life" towel racks are things that take a very little time to fix but you put them off and off. We learn slowly so we don't get overwellmed. My towel rack was making an excel for what the Old Testament made easy misses. You’re welcome excel in blog.
Azalyn story: We were at Wal-Mart, and she wandered off. I walked up and down a few ales and no Azalyn. I was on my way to the front when I hear over the intercom, "lost mommy we have a lost mommy" Yep it was Az but was she super happy to see me. NOPE, they were giving her a "pop" (Balloon) she lost her first one, so they gave her another one. I gave Azalyn a dish soap bath. She loved it as much as the boys did.
Greg gave all the kids blessings for school. Denali's blessing was about making friends and being kind. Colvin's blessing was about learning. Azalyn's blessing was just to be ok with mom. We took 2nd day of school pictures because we were just lucky to get to school the first day. It took us a week this year to find the best pickup place.
I cry when summer is over. We took the pool down. We had neglected it for a few weeks, and it was just not worth cleaning it. It took us longer to take it down that I had anticipated. Time for some fall cleaning. I cleaned the couches, and they were gross. Long story short: I had to buy a new “Green machine”. It was a long day of running around from store to store to find the “right” one.
Colvin gave his first talk in primary. He did it on his own with me as support.
Denali and Azalyn are my best friends. To be a good friend you have to; play nicely, when I play with my little sister, I have to make sure that I don’t play to ruff. you have to say sorry if you do something wrong. In D and C 88:77 Jesus said …From henceforth I shall call you friend. We show Jesus that we are his friends by following his commandments. I am following his commandments by getting ready all by myself for church, listening to the scriptures at night and being an example to my little sister when we say prayers. I say this in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
We got to meet my cousin Amber at the park. It happened that it was just me and her. I really love one on one time. My kids tried to play with cousins.
All summer my kids have wanted to do tie dye. There was never going to be the "perfect time" one morning we just did it. The kids loved it. It went a lot faster than I had anticipated. Mom let us borrow her snow cone maker, the kids were so excited to sell snow cones. (They had about 10 customers) They would have sold more but cousins were too fun. We had moms snow cone maker for the week (we took it back for the funeral) my family went through 40 lbs. of ice in 5 days. Best way to stay hydrated. Sierra and I build a very red, red neck slide. We tied a slide (I bought from Sierra) to a 5-gallon water barrel. Then put that on top of 5 pallets. Worked but very unsafe. The kids were playing "orphan", I totally remember playing that game as a kid. As a family we finally beat, “Lovers in a dangerous space time" we have been playing for about 2 yrs.
Parenting stories: At the park Azalyn got lost. She was crying for mom. Her nursery teacher brought her to me. She said I knew I knew that cry. I took the kids to the splash pad but after I had to run into Costco. Since they were wet, I kept them in the car. Mom called and Denali said that I left them in the car to go shopping was that not a "responsible parent"
I took the kids to the dentist. Denali is missing a permanent tooth and have two teeth coming in WAY too high. Azalyn has a fused baby tooth. The hygienist thought it was really cool. Greg surprised the kids by taking a day off and taking them to splash summit. We really don't stay long; the kids want to do their favorite big slide swim a little and them home to swim in their pool. Of course, Lagoon; we discovered that Azalyn can go on the big bumper cars with an Adult. It was SO fun. The boys watched AZ why she napped, Greg and I got to go on a ride together. I love fast "date" time.
We got to see mom’s new carpet. Her house is going to look so good. The kids got to go play in Natalie’s Pond. I love that my kids are getting to make the same fun memories that I got to as a kid. (See funeral post for more). I bought a Halloween wreath but it was too cute to wait to put it up. I gave Baler his truck and he was so excited he could hardly talk. He gave everyone hugs.
We went to Greg’s mom’s grave. The kids just had a good time playing around. I want them to have good memories.
Greg's interviews are going really well. I will keep you posted.
We finally got to go back to the temple. It has been almost 2 yr. for us. The kids were home for about half the time alone. Sid was wonderful and came to put Az to bed. The feeling I got for the temple was; just breathe and enjoy your life right now. We went to the temple because Maddie was going through. We got to go to her farewell. She gave a great talk. A few things that hit home, "don't have towel racks in your life" towel racks are things that take a very little time to fix but you put them off and off. We learn slowly so we don't get overwellmed. My towel rack was making an excel for what the Old Testament made easy misses. You’re welcome excel in blog.
Azalyn story: We were at Wal-Mart, and she wandered off. I walked up and down a few ales and no Azalyn. I was on my way to the front when I hear over the intercom, "lost mommy we have a lost mommy" Yep it was Az but was she super happy to see me. NOPE, they were giving her a "pop" (Balloon) she lost her first one, so they gave her another one. I gave Azalyn a dish soap bath. She loved it as much as the boys did.
Greg gave all the kids blessings for school. Denali's blessing was about making friends and being kind. Colvin's blessing was about learning. Azalyn's blessing was just to be ok with mom. We took 2nd day of school pictures because we were just lucky to get to school the first day. It took us a week this year to find the best pickup place.
I cry when summer is over. We took the pool down. We had neglected it for a few weeks, and it was just not worth cleaning it. It took us longer to take it down that I had anticipated. Time for some fall cleaning. I cleaned the couches, and they were gross. Long story short: I had to buy a new “Green machine”. It was a long day of running around from store to store to find the “right” one.
I bought a lot of earbuds, cross your fingers for my entrepreneur spirit.
Axel got baptized. We
got to go be with more family. Denali gave his testimony on his baptism. He did
a great job, he had to do it on his own I would not write it down for him. Mark
(Grandpa Kelly) gave a talk about family and how things just keep moving.
Calvin (Grandpa Amy) gave a talk about us celebrating. Brenden gave a
talk about listening to the spirit when he was lost one day.
The best part was Sister talk time. Greg got to spend time with brother-in-laws, I would say his best friends. On the way home we stopped at Trujillo’s, and I finally got to see his house done. It is so cute.
Hatfield’s came for a few days; Baler loved The All-Abilities Park we went both days they were here. The 2nd day they had free face painting. The boy’s thought Santa was at the park. I pulled out the blow-up water slide. Baler even went down the slide. Greg and Brenden fixed our downstairs sink. We had a fire one night it is great just to sit and talk. We hiked the Grotto, Azalyn loved it. The kids went on a wrong trail on the way down. At the top we talked to them about paying attention. All the boys remembered Brenden talk at the baptism about listing to the spirit.
We made up a new game; you put on headphones with really loud music (the person with the headphones on should not be able to hear.) The other people take turn saying a word and seeing if the headphone person can lip read. Some of the things they come up with are hilarious. The best things about doing a blog; looking back and seeing memories. 












The best part was Sister talk time. Greg got to spend time with brother-in-laws, I would say his best friends. On the way home we stopped at Trujillo’s, and I finally got to see his house done. It is so cute.
Hatfield’s came for a few days; Baler loved The All-Abilities Park we went both days they were here. The 2nd day they had free face painting. The boy’s thought Santa was at the park. I pulled out the blow-up water slide. Baler even went down the slide. Greg and Brenden fixed our downstairs sink. We had a fire one night it is great just to sit and talk. We hiked the Grotto, Azalyn loved it. The kids went on a wrong trail on the way down. At the top we talked to them about paying attention. All the boys remembered Brenden talk at the baptism about listing to the spirit.
We made up a new game; you put on headphones with really loud music (the person with the headphones on should not be able to hear.) The other people take turn saying a word and seeing if the headphone person can lip read. Some of the things they come up with are hilarious. The best things about doing a blog; looking back and seeing memories.



No comments:
Post a Comment