What do you do on
the first of November, you get ready for the holidays and put the tree up. I
even got Azalyn’s tree in her room up.
As a mom sometimes
I feel like a rat just going around the wheel, doing the same thing everyday. I
have to find something that I enjoy throughout my day. I found I love weaving
my mat, out of grocery bags. It takes me about a month to accumulate enough
bags to get about 2 weeks of real work, but I love doing it. I actually finished my first mat. It is not
very straight, but I used it for an outside mat and love it, cannot wait to do
a bigger one. There are things I don’t mind doing like laundry, but I hate
doing dishes.
Everyday I try to
do 10 min one on one with each kid. I started because with daylight savings, Greg
is getting home really late like 7. It also did not help that he can no longer
drive in the car pool lane thanks to government law changes.
Each kid is so
different. Azalyn wants me to watch her play, usually in the sand pit and ask
her questions. Colvin just wants to laugh and goof off. Denali wants to talk
about his day. With Greg working long hours, that is also long hours for me. I
have to remember, Greg is a great dad and husband. He is a great provider, and
life is good. Sometimes all you need is sleep and the sun will come up in the
morning.
Greg and Azalyn
went to the daddy daughter camp out, she has waited a year. They had a great
time playing, just dance, and collecting rocks.
The highlight was the tent and sleeping with daddy all night. The boys
and I went to dinner, then watched a movie. They did not even want to play a
game with me. Teens.
I was able to help
out at the schools Fall carnival. Denali found his calling as a sales man.
Colvin was in his element being a carney on the duck pond. Azalyn ran around,
seeing how many prizes she could collect. I have had a strong impression to apply for
the PTA president. I don’t know what will come of it but maybe it was my kick
in the butt to be more involved in the school.
Sad news Azalyn’s
primary teacher moved, Azalyn said it is not fair I was gone for 2 weeks she is
going to be gone forever. It is funny how inspiration changes over time. When I
was tired and the boys were little, the inspiration was get out and go running.
This month I had the same tired feeling, but the inspirations was, go back to
bed and snuggle your baby. Each kid needs something different, I love that
Heavenly Father knows us as individuals. I heard a quote I love and every time
I get to the temple it manifests. There will never be enough time to get
everything done, put the lord first and everything that needs to get done will
get done. Greg got a new calling, ward mission leader. I asked how are you
going to do it all and he said the lord will bless us. Then during his setting apart,
they said you will have enough time if you fulfill your calling. Azalyn gave a
talk in primary. It was a huge fight because she had an idea and I did not
understand her. Satan will do anything to not have harmony in the home. This is
her talk:
If you are
prepared you will not fear. You will be
happy if you follow gods commandments.
You cannot look in
the past you can only move forward today.
In school in
skills we have spelling test, there are times I study really hard and know my
spelling words. There have been a few times I have not studied, and I am scared
for the test. That is the same with the gospel there are times the lord gives
us hard commandments or asked us to do hard thing but if we will study the
gospel I know he will help us with the test of life.
Only in AZ is
there a parade on Veterans Day, were you wear shorts, and need sunscreen. This
year both boys could be in the parade but since Colvin is in 5th
grade he had to have a parent. I dropped Azalyn off at a friends house and had
tons of time to get to the parade. Then life happened. Roads were closed, we
got stuck in the spring training field, the location we had was wrong, after
walking around the whole parade we were directed to the right location, we were
there 5 min before the parade started. WE all had a great time, Azalyn got to
be the big girl helping her friend. The boys got to throw candy.
Weight update: I
have a black jump suit I have never been able to wear. I was able to ware it.
Still a little tight but a win is a win. My hand was so stiff for about 2
weeks, then it started to rain and rain. It rained for a week and now my hand
is feeling so much better.
We went to a
birthday party at Urban Air. It was fun but I have to teach Azalyn to be happy
with what she has and not see what she does not have. Also Fridays are hard
because we usually have plans at night and poor little one is exhausted.
I love my book
clubs. For one book club we had a Friendsgiving with soup. I found a new recipe
and it Said feeds 10-12, perfect 5 in my family and then the rest for book
club, NOPE. It meant 10-12 giants with salad bowls. I had to use my stock pot.
After my family and book club I still froze 4 gallons and took it to
thanksgiving.
Our Relief Society
started a Wednesday night Volleyball group, so fun. We laugh more than we play
most of the time. Then our book club is so fun. Most nights I come home with a
hurt stomach because of laughing.
For the summer
reading Colvin won play tickets. He wanted to go to Rudolph the Red-Nose
reindeer. It was for the children’s play and there was not one child in it, but
cute. It was the old story with misfit toys. We had a great time together.
Before mom leaves
on her mission she wanted some updated family pictures. I told the kids that if
they smiled, we could be done fast. The boys brought out the smiles. We took it
on one of the only gray days in Arizona. Embarrassing moment. When dogs do the deed, they get stuck
together. Yep after 2 years persistence paid off for Marshmallow. To quote
Jurassic Park; Life, uh, finds a way. I
called dad in a panic thinking there was something wrong. Stay turn for February’s
update.
Thanksgiving Brake:
The kids had the whole week off. Greg only had 3 days. We found a great
routine. I am going to put it down, so I remember in the future. Get up and
make breakfast, while the kids eat talk about the list we need to get done
today or things we want to do today. Then go out and exercise, run, bike,
roller blade. Come back and make everyone get dressed, clean their room and
make their bed. Then clean for one hour. In one hour, we can get a week of
cleaning done. See thanksgiving post time to start the holiday season.












































No comments:
Post a Comment