Friday, October 31, 2025

October

 I love it when my family matches. I got us all 99night shirts. We put our survival day 170 (we are in the 200’s now). If you know you know. 
Denali is an old soul he cannot understand why kids do mean things just to be mean. With the boys in extra things now I get one on one time with Azalyn.  I forget how little she still is.
Colvin had a close Cross country meet that I was able to go and watch him run. Greg took him I just meet them. It was right after being sick for 2 weeks, but he still ran the whole 2 miles.
Colvin had his last Cross Country meet before State. I got to go watch, it rained the whole way there and home, but the runners did not get rained on. His coach told me in the morning that he made state. She asked me NOT to tell him. After the race he was trying not to be disappointed, he did not think he had made state. HE MADE IT! He was the only 5th grader. She took the fastest from each grade then all the 7 and 8 and some 6th.  The smile and shock on his face was priceless.  For state the whole family got up early to cheer him on. He said it was best when we all came because then he got cheered on a lot.
Shout out to my kids: Saturday morning conference we were at a track meet. Saturday afternoon my kids watched conference on their own. They wanted their toys. I don’t care the reason I just care they did it. Our words were: God, Jesus, Christ, Love, Temple, Missionary, and peace. Satan will work extra hard on the family. We had a great conference, last talk on Sunday afternoon was Pre. Oak, Greg was working on the cruise, and we could not find his passport. The finger pointing starts, and the spirit is gone. We never did find the passport, he was able to get a new one and was able to use his birth certificate for the cruise.
President Russell M. Nelson died on September 27, 2025. Conference had a sad and happy feeling. We were sad that he had to leave us but peace knowing we knew the next step we were not in the dark. God is order.
Life: I fell out of our hammock, I did not fall it broke. My elbow broke my fall. It was really sore, one morning I bumped it and my whole right hand when numb, which gave me a head ache. I told Greg I have to go have it checked. The ER said yep you broke it, put me in a horrible cast. I cried! The next day (huge blessing) I got in to see the doctor and NOT broken, bruise the muscle, I just need to be gentle with my elbow I took it easy the rest of the week by reading a book then watching a movie. It still hurts but, not broke so silver lining. I also got a butt injection for my tail bone. That was an ordeal, first they told us wrong suit # called got right, then we were in the wrong office. We were like 30min late, but they were fast. I came out fine but slept most of the day.  We sold our couch if you just keep things on Facebook long enough you will get it sold. It opens our front room so much. We also moved the freezer into the front room, Greg is getting tired of it not shutting.  That was a job, it barely fits through the door.  I had to find a new nail lady, I found one that actually talked to me about nail school. Major up side she is so close.  
I love donuts: we got coupons in the mail for Krispy Kreme (opinion on donuts- Krispy Kreme glazed donuts cannot be beat – However their special donuts not so much). We had to Drive to use the coupons but worth it. I had to put in my temple blessing. The lord knows you, I had a few things I really wanted to get done. When to the temple and it was the fastest in and out. I was able to get everything done.
Fall Brake: the kids have been wanting to paint their rooms all summer. Now is the time: first kids paint and carpet do not mix but thanks to YouTube we got 99% of it off. The boys did black and red. The main black wall is chalk board paint. The chalk board markers don’t clean off as easily as they say but still fun and really cool. Then they did a red and black tape wall, I made them add more tape and wish we would of done more. Azalyn just wanted blue and snowflakes, we tried stencils and discovered we are not stencil people. 1000 stickers and need more. It was a TON of work, getting everything moved out of the rooms, moving beds, taping and painting but the rooms turned out great. Disaster + time=great memories, at some point we will all laugh about painting rooms. Give us a few years.  Greg was able to get the kids floating shelves up, I don’t think a house is ever done. There is always a project to make it yours. Going back to school after being off for 2 weeks was not ok for anyone. Greg got really sick, his ear crystals were not having land again. See other post but we drove to California. I think that a 6 hour drive is harder then 8+ reason; you don’t get in the car comma. For the first time ever, I was able to read in the car, read a whole book home.
Halloween, we carved pumpkins on Monday and by Friday they could not even be moved off the counter they were so bad, Welcome to AZ! We stayed right in our hood this year and the kids had TONS of candy. Like Greg and I had to carry sacks so they could dump their buckets. Denali was a blow up dino, Colvin was a man riding a chicken (blow up) his run was the best. Azalyn was Crystal from OMZ (a YouTube channel) she was a pink cat. Greg and I were Pen State Alumni and 67, I was 6 he was 7. (67 is just a saying the kids do)
I was able to make 2 lunch dates in one day. McDonald’s and Zupas. There is a reason I am a stay at home mom.  As I was leaving for book club one afternoon my car dies. The battery says bad battery. Greg has to come home and fix it. Silver lining: the battery was under warranty, it was in the middle of the day, so I was not freaking out about getting the kids and Greg was not feeling great, so he got to work from home. I missed our murder mystery book club, but I was able to get a lot done. We were told that Colvin got student of the month. Greg worked from home so we could go watch it. We were not told about Denali and missed it, not happy but was so proud of both of them.
Weight loss: down 8 lbs. from last time. After a week of crazy food that was not bad. I know I have lost a ton of inches and toned. I feel good, I had to up my dosage. It did not stop me from eating but if I ate to much it made me sick.
For book club we had to write a hallmark movie. Here is mine:
The UNHallmark Movie
Silvia works in Sunny Florida as a Traveling Nurse. She has always been the one that is good under pressure. When she was 10 her friend had a biking accident, which resulted in a compound fracture to her left arm. While the other girls were crying Silvia went into action, tearing off her head band and wrapping the arm. She made sure her friend did not go into shock and by the time parents and paramedics found the girls, Silvia had found her calling in life.  She was not a small women, not fat but a very feminine athletic woman. She was Great in the operating room because she had the stamina. She loved nursing not only to help but the scrubs also loved her body, she filled out her scrubs in all the right places, she was not unaware of the looks she got from male co-workers. However, she was not ready to settle down, so she gave them eye candy for a few months then moved on before anything got started.
She takes a job in Crested Butte CO, snowiest city in Colorado.  Small City but Great hospital.  She wants to see snow for the holidays.
She is bound determined not to be in a hallmark movie. The only things she has is single.
Jasper is a doctor in Crested Butte – he also does not want to be in a Hallmark movie even though he is single loves plaid (just so soft and comfortable) he does have a dog but no children.  When I say that Jasper has a dog most people think of a medium to big dog. A “Manly dog” No, he has a Yorkie named Nick. Nick is the best of both worlds, he is playful and energetic, cuddly and fun. Jasper does bring Nick into the hospital in a man bag when he does rounds with peds. Jasper is not what most women thing of when they hear, Jasper, thanks to Twilight. He is tall not willowy, but not particularly broad. More like a strong straight evergreen. Jasper can have a little bit of a temper, he makes sure that his patients get the best care. If a patient is over looked or not taken care of to his standard he will go “mommy bear”
Silvia’s first day at orientation, sees Jasper who happens to have Nick, Silvia things oh no the Christmas spirits are out to get me. I am single and I bet so is that tall caramel toned doctor. I pray he does not have a cute kid at home. Unbeknownst to Silvia Jasper is thinking the same thing. I really hope this cute, curvy nurse does not have an ex waiting for her back home. Jasper and Silvia quickly hack a plan, to sabotage any plans for a Christmas movie romance.
When she is asked to bake for the holiday party, she burns some of the cookies, she puts extra salt in some and  some she decorates but NO holiday theme, there is no red , white and to make sure Hanukkah is covered there is no blue. Blacks, Greens, and oranges are for this holiday party.
When Jasper is asked to bring in a tree, he brings in corn stocks, he has found in neighbors trash bins that are getting rid of fall to decorate for Christmas.
The whole town comes out for a candle light vigil the Saturday before Christmas. Silvia and Jasper know that with the candlelight and snow fall that is being predicted the Christmas spirits are working extra hard on them this year. They come up with all the best tunes to belt in all the lulls of the songs, just to keep the mood light.  They range from funny like Grandma got ran over by a Reindeer, to catchy tunes like, It’s my life, to funny kids tunes like, bob the builder and baby shark. At the end everyone is laughing and having the best time, it is the perfect balance of somber and fun.
Silvia is headed home on Christmas. Jasper takes her to the airport and thanks her for being the best friend he has ever had during Christmas.
Why driving home and on the plane home, both watch a podcast explaining why guys and girls cannot be friends? They just smirk and realize they have beat the odds for now.
However, during the course of Jaspers and Silvia antics.  Jaspers beloved grandma passes away. She knew she was going so she planned to have the family read her will the day after Christmas. In the will she had bought, planned and paid for a last big family vacation for the family in Disney World.   The grandma also had bought one extra ticket in case Jasper had a special friend.
Grandma was the family cheer leader. She was the cool hip grandma. If Bluey would have asked Jaspers Grandma, can you floss, she would have been on the table flossing. Coyote Ugly was a rite of passage for each granddaughter.
Of course, Jasper asked Silvia if she would like to come since Christmas is over and the “Christmas hallmark movie curse” is no longer in play.
The week vacation with Jaspers family is magical. Silvia has the time of her life. The first thing she does in the morning is text Jasper some funny meme or joke she thought of in the morning. The last thing he does at night is send a funny meme or remind her of something funny that happens that day. They don’t see what is happening, but the rest of the family has knowing looks.
Jasper is asked to stay for a few more days in FL to talk to a group of doctors. Silvia says that he can just crash at her place. When he walks into her apartment he is over whelmed with CHRISTMAS, it could be right out of Santa's work shop. Silvia explained she actually LOVES no is a little obsessed with Christmas but did not want to be stereo typed into a Hallmark movie.  Jasper starts laughing and asked did I ever tell you the name of my dog, Silvia says yes Nick. Jasper laughs and says his full name is St. Nick like in Santa Clause. I put my tree up the day after Halloween and don’t take it down till way after valentines day.
He said I am going to do something non movie like and KISS you but not in the snow in the sun.
The next Christmas Silvia and Jasper had so much fun the previous year they could not give up all their antics, Silvia does not burn or put salt in the cookies. She does have Santa and stars, but the frosting still has no RED WHITE or BLUE!
Jasper does not bring in a tree or dumpster corn stalks but a huge pot of just sticks he has wrapped lights around.
The whole town joins in on their intermission songs.  Silvia gets her kiss in the snow with her plaid wearing dog loving home town boy.
They have decided they need 8 maybe 9 kids for the most famous Reindeers of all. 




No comments:

Post a Comment