Sunday, May 31, 2026

May

Mayember hit with full force. Just hold on and try to be kind.
It started out with some very sad news, I lost boujee. We were running errands and when we got home it was gone. GOOD news- Greg had an early Mother’s Day gift he has been holding on to for a while. A new tumbler with 3 bears with the kid’s name on it. It took us 24 hours to name it perfection.
We promised the kids a water balloon fight. It took them 10 minutes to fill up 100+ water balloons and about that long to pop them all on each other.
Our first main event was going to California for a week. My car had a horrible drift and I was passenger sick; I could do nothing but sit and try to sleep. All the kids had headphones on the drive, that is a double edge sword. They can be quiet depending on what they are doing. Azalyn gets to singing loud, Colvin you must hit to get his attention, but Greg and I can talk in relative peace.  The last time we were in California Greg was still in school, I took the kids to the beach so he could do homework. This time he was able to go with us. There is something magical about the water.
Our first three days were Lego Land. The boys were almost too big for most of the rides, but Azalyn is the perfect age (she was how old Denali was last time) We ran all day. Most days Colvin kept his sweater on all day. He just did not want to carry it. We took our big green cooler bag and stuffed it with snacks, it was perfect. Some fun highs: there were very small or no lines. I went on one spinney ride, after that Colvin was 14 so he could take his sister.  There was a new land, space. We got soda bottles, had to take turns filling them up. Colvin really wanted a Lego passport. One night we had to drive about 30 min to get him a passport and stamp. I could never convey all the memories, but I hope they hold them in their hearts. We tried to recreate one photo in the aquarium, but the kids were not having it. One more time!
Then it was on to Knox Berry Farms, two not so highs. One we got a cheap motel because we only needed a bed but wow sketchy. We locked our doors and told the kids not to go out without us. But it did have 3 beds. The other sad was we had to pay for parking and there was no way to add it on to our pass. The first day at Knox the lines were not bad but Friday they were longer. We had to wait for one ride for 2+ hours and we did it twice. The funny thing was it was worth it. Blessing for Denali, the main ride he wanted to ride was, Ghost Rider in the dark. It was not open on the first day, we rode it twice the next day. The 2nd time we rode Ghost Rider, night had fallen and the lights had turned on. Azalyn went on every ride she was tall enough for, even a drop tower. The 1st time she was scared then she would ask to go again. There were 3 rides she was not big enough for. The boys decided we have to come back when she is big enough. On the last night we told the kids we could stay till closing 10PM. Well, Colvin lost his Mexico bracelet on a ride, we knew where it was, but it was just over the fence, a little too far for us to reach it. They said come back at the end of the night. We did and had to wait in line. We did not get out of the park till 12AM. The boys carried their sister a lot, it was there way of being able to stay longer. We only brought in the wagon one day. All my kids are adrenaline junkies. Colvin, Denali and I got matching name bracelets.  A great time was had by all.
We still love FHE but sometimes we think outside the box. The goal is to just be together. We went to see Denali’s graduation picture and Colvin’s Birthday picture on their school’s big screen.  We trimmed our trees; we have 4 we cannot do and 2 that this is going to be our last year. Colvin wanted to help, we let him do the pineapple palm tree, he got poked and was sick for 24 hours. Yep, the end of the palm (the very pokie part) is poisonous. Just one thing at a time is not acceptable. That Sunday Greg had Denali and Azalyn on his own, Azalyn backed her own bag because I was sick too. She took a homemade squishy made with flour. It popped ALL over our bench and the bench Infront of us. The person it popped on was very kind about it.
We had Azalyn’s annual ENT appointment. She needs new tubes again, and we are going to take her tonsils out. They want to do it ASAP, but we are going to have to wait till after the summer. Azalyn has been sleeping till the last possible moment. She needs to go to bed early but cannot sleep without her brother.  Azalyn loves to read at night with her brother. Her new favorite thing is the Book of Mormon picture book.
I have been nervous about Denali and high school homework. While on our trip his teachers did not give him all his homework, he had a ton and since it was the end of year, he only had one weekend to get it all done. He worked all weekend and got it done; he will be just fine in high school. On the last day of school I cried the whole way home, it is the last time I will ever drop them all 3 off together. Colvin got 3 big awards, but they gave it to him in class. I went to Azalyn’s award ceremony, but they only gave her ½ of her awards at the ceremony. The school did a great job at 8th grade graduation. Azalyn was so sad she understands life is going to change. I cannot believe I have a high schooler. Denali had one less day of school, so I watched K-pop demons with him.
Mom Tip: dusting and sweeping and laundry will keep – but your kids will not always be there to watch a movie with. Make memories. For the first day of summer, the kids wanted to stay up till 12. Denali ended up carrying Azalyn to bed about 11. Colvin stayed up till 12.
We had an end of year parent meeting. I had to watch a friend’s kids, so I only went for about 30min, long story but I went to dinner with the family and skipped the mom night.
Mom Fail; I 100% forgot parent teacher conference for the boys. (We had done Azalyn’s while we were on vacation) I really have no concerns. I took them out to lunch instead. For book club we read then watched Remarkable Bright Creatures; it was definitely top 5 movie to book adaptation.
NEWS Flash: I must talk about the produce box I found; it is like bountiful basket on steroids. For $35 I got a whole box of squash, like 30+ 3 bags of little peppers, a full bag of red potatoes and so much more. Then for an extra $30 I got a whole case of Strawberries and 2 cases of cucumbers. Just a fast calculation I got about $80+ of stuff.  I had to make a rule that you can only eat 2lbs of strawberries and 1lbs of cucumbers a day per person. Since I had so many cucumbers, we canned pickles. It was an all-day thing, but I am so glad I was able to give my kids that memory.
It is getting hot, so we decided to go to the movies when Greg had the day off. We went to the new Star Wars movie; the boys loved it. We went to the summer reading kick off. It was dinosaur themed; the kids are excited to get all their free things. Azalyn has become my little reader, wherever she goes she packs a book.
I took the kids to Hurricane Harbor, in the wave pool, a girl asked Colvin for his phone number, he did not know it, but he came home and memorized it.
Blessing; I lost a check from the school; I looked all over the house and in the garbage. Then I said a prayer, I had the thought go through the garbage again and I found it. Put it in the bank that min. Talking about blessing the stake had a special fast for camp. I have no clue how they are going to pull this off, they are not the lord is going to. I cooked about 50lbs of meat.
With the kids’ home were able to really clean the house. Tell me you have been doing the minimum without telling me, it took us an hour to clean only our rooms. Then we went on a bike ride (It was Tuesday) I got a new Energy Drink (Greg has been talking about them). Alani Nu, my first one was a Cotton Candy and wow I am hooked. Something bad I found, fast soap opera dramas. The bad thing is that you have to watch ads to get coins to unlock more episodes. I spend way too much time watching ads.
Sonya came down to go dress shopping with Sid. We were able to meet up and have dinner. The kids were so good, it was a long dinner. It is always fun to see family; Denali is the one that really misses cousins.
I am ready to have a really FUN summer with cleaning sprinkled in.

No comments:

Post a Comment