Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August

This month has been crazy. Sorry there is not many photos but there are some good stories. A LOT happen.
I wanted to spend as much time with my Boys as possible because I know that when everything happen I will have no time for them.  We ran down the big hill, we went swimming for our last time. They both got back packs and loved them. Denali told me, “Mom I want to eat, sleep and play with my new backpack” For the first few days he did sleep with it. I made a stair slide. It is a good thing Denali did it first because he flew off the last few stairs. We did not let Colvin try it.
Sonya has adult coloring pages (harder) she uses gel pens. On Sunday we would color. I finally caved and bought Gel pens and a coloring book. That is my new favorite thing to do at night.
We went to Greg’s work BBQ. They did not have bounce houses this year but it was at a really cool park. Denali now tells everyone that his dad works at a park. His dad has the best job ever.
BIG NEW: We sold our house. We listed it with a flat rate realtors. Saved a ton of money and sold the house fast.  After 10 yrs we put new carpet in the front room. It was lighter and I love it. Kind of sad we are moving now. Let me just tell you about this move. Once we started having showings I started to look for a storage unit. I had to call 15 places before I found one that had a big unit. Blessing we found one!! We did not know that we were moving for sure till Friday and we moved Saturday (that was the only weekend we had) It was the most disorganized move ever.  Gary was able to help and bring a truck Blessing 2.  When we closed on our house, I had major mix feeling. Sad, scared, and excited.
Where did we move too; Sonya’s basement. I told Greg that if he wanted sex ever again we would move to the basement. He was good with that.  Dad came the next weekend and help me organized the basement.
The week after we moved was one of the hardest weeks of my life. There was sooo much to do. I was stressed my kids were stressed. There was some major tender mercies. Two days in a row my kids were getting hungry for dinner and my Visiting Teachers came with food. (They came and helped me pack, they happen to be at my house when I had a small melt down) When my kids started getting restless, since mom did not have time to play, friends would come ask them to play. Funny story: I turned on real TV, Denali did not know what commensals were and was not impressed.
It did not help that why I was going through the 2 weeks of moving Duke got hit by a car. It was a teenager on canyon road. I did not cry in front of the girl, but on the way home I lost it. I cried for Duke, the house and the stress of moving. Denali took it hard. It was Rhonda’s birthday the day he got it, not helpful with the tears. (for her birthday we wrote on balloons then let them go.)  Denali asked why Grandma needed his dog. We told him it was her birthday present. Let the tears come.
I went on a girl’s night out, we went to,  “Me before you.” Horrible movie, I stayed our way too late Greg was not happy.  I feel bad for our teenagers.
Denali’s love language; Gifts.
We all went to Cedar City to see Abe play football.  We dropped off our cats to Timber. Denali and Colvin loved on their cats the whole time but did not cry when we left them. We got to see Abe and Ralayna in the play, “The Lion King.” Ralayan showed off her voice and Abe was so funny. The boys were asleep 5 min after we left.
If we spend time as a family this transition will be ok. We went to St. George with Sonya for Sids tennis.  We took everyone swimming and Drexal loved the water.  A lady told me I was a good mom for swimming with the kids.
We had to re-pick out things for the house. It had been so long that they lost our picks. We finally got to walk through a model OAK. The upstairs could not be more perfect. The downstairs we are going to love. We also got to take the boys thought it. The OAK had a smart lock they thought I was magic. Drex wanted to know where his bedroom was. He has done everything with us. He hates being alone.
Kids Stories: Denali had a preschool evaluation it took forever. Greg watched Colvin at the park for me. Denali got put into a speech class. Something funny, they asked him; an elephant is big a mouse is ..ooo gross, I was so proud.
Colvin: we went to hang time and Colvin was big enough to jump. He had no fear he jumped off the big drop off. It scared me the first time I scream and ran to make sure he was ok. Then the same day the stroller pulled off the red truck and he went zooming into traffic. A kid pulled his e brake to spill around Colvin. Yes he has angles.
I ran for the first time with my knee it felt good. Things are looking up.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment