Cruise: We have been anticipating this day for SO LONG! Greg
and I went on a cruise 20 years ago. We were driving so I could pack whatever could
fit in the car. I packed way too much and not enough all at the same time. My
family was wonderful sports and dressed up every night with me.
Originally, we were getting on the boat early, so we got a hotel
room in California. We only needed a bed for the night. The Hotel had an old fashion
key, and only 2 queen beds, we started by making memories.
Our line up time was 12, we did not anticipate how long it
would take to unpack, park, and get in line. The kids had fun taking pictures, the
day was perfect weather. It was magic to get on board, music and drinks.
There is no way I could write it all I will try to put in favorite
parts.
Azalyn and Colvin LOVED the ropes course I bet they went
around 50+times. I did it twice. The skyline was fun, Greg went around once. I
went twice, the boys did it quite a few times, Azalyn was not quite big enough.
The sky line was a bike roller coaster. You actually had to peddle. Denali loved
the water slides. They were so high up that it was COLD! I was on the water on a boat on water in a boat
going down the tube slide. I got the bubble package (all nonalcoholic drinks)
my favorite drink was pina colada with banana, or mango. The boys each got just the soda package, we
all had a drink in our hands 99% of the time. Denali LOVED the food, he out ate
all of us. One day he had 6 sandwiches. Colvin got a little sick a few nights,
so food was not his friend for part of it. Azalyn loved the pizza and BLT. One
way to help sea sickness is, don’t have an empty stomach, I snacked the whole
time. Also ate way too much.
We stopped at two ports: Cobo San Lucas, (tip: don’t get the
excursions on the boat, the moment you get off there are 50 guys selling you
the same excursion for ½ price.) We went to the arch, that was ok, but we got
to see a turtle that was cool. They took us to a very touristy beach and there were
100 people in your face selling you something the whole time. Bought a few
things but just not great. The next day we walked to a beach and 100 times
better. My kids were not fans of salt water, they said mom we need to go home
to the good water, chlorinated water. Greg put his feet in the water. Our 2nd
stop was Ensenada. We took about a 45 min buss ride to the blow whole. That was
neat and I loved the shops. I got the pretties white dress. Greg got leather
shoes, Azalyn was a toy, Colvin got a dino egg and Denali got a PINK shirt.
Almost every night we
went hot tubbing. The kids loved the PG comedy club but due to dinner we were
not able to make everyone, we made it to two. We only made it to one of the
dance shows. Azalyn was able to build a
bear. Bearie had to go everywhere with us on the ship. They did have a Halloween
dress up night, we wore our 99 night shirts. Then Colvin dressed up as a banana
and Azalyn a cat and went around the ship. Azalyn went trick or treating, the
boys and I watched a movie. My kids actually slept in, the earliest they got up
was 7:30 and the latest almost 9. I guess when you run all day you will sleep. 1000
memories were made and we would love to do it again soon than 20 years.























































































No comments:
Post a Comment